Over the past couple of months, we have all experienced unexpected change in our lives. We know for some, finances have been especially challenging. As stay-at-home orders began to impact our area, GVEC Internet made adjustments to our billing procedures to extend payment grace-periods and encouraged customers to contact us regarding payment arrangements, if needed.
As the State of Texas continues toward reopening and gets back to normal business operations, we believe it’s critical that GVEC Internet reinstate the processes that allow us to continue delivering the services our customers rely on us to provide.
In March, GVEC Internet opted to temporarily suspend late fee assessment and non-payment disconnect for our services to allow customers time to adjust to new circumstances. As of June 1, 2020, we will once again be charging late fees to past due accounts that have not contacted us to make payment arrangements. Additionally, as of June 17, 2020, GVEC will resume our non-payment disconnect processes for accounts that are more than 30 days past due and have not contacted us to set up payment arrangements for the past due amount.
For customers who may be experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 and need assistance with their bill, please call us at 800.699.4832 as soon as possible and we’ll work to create payment arrangements suited to your specific situation.
GVEC Internet will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 daily updates from credible resources such as the Texas Department of State Health Services among other official contacts, and make on-going decisions to help ease concerns for our customers and employees. We appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout each step.
Updates that affect you will continue to be emailed, posted on gvec.net and on social media at Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
When you need to contact us, you have choices.
There are many electronic options in place to contact GVEC for your needs:
- GVEC Electric Customer Service: 800.223.4832, Pay your electric bill and report outages via automated IVR system during or after-hours at 888.301.3652
- SmartHub (Electric Online Bill Pay, Account Management, and Outage Reporting): https://www.gvec.org/electric/manage-your-account/
- GVEC Internet Customer Service: 800.699.4832, Online Customer Portal (Internet Bill Pay and Account Management) https://mybroadbandaccount.com/GVEC/
- GVEC Home (AC/Heating, Solar, Electrician Services): 800.328.0630, www.gvecACservice.com
- TextPower – Report outages via text. Text “OUT” to 800.223.4832. https://www.gvec.org/electric/report-an-outage/textpower/
- After Hours Payment Drops and Payment Kiosks – All Customer Service Centers – Cuero, Gonzales, La Vernia, Schertz, Seguin (kiosks only at Schertz and Seguin locations)
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.